Welcome message from HoD
Warm Greetings! I heartily welcome all of you to the webpage of Computer Engineering Department (CSED) of Abdul Latif Ali Al Shaya Faculty of Engineering, Maulana Mukhtar Ahmed Nadvi Technical Campus (MMANTC) Mansoora at Malegaon, I heartily welcome all of you to CSED. Though the CSED has been recently established here at MMANTC, we hope to become a source for the latest advancements of human endeavour in all spheres, today and in the future. Our department has distinguished Faculty members who have excellent academic credentials and are highly regarded. At MMANTC, we provide the students the opportunity to excel in all fields of academic and extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. This is the department where students are encouraged to publish papers in national and international conferences and journals. We are also pro-active in organizing various webinars and conferences to enhances the skills of the students.
Dr. MD. Salman Baig
Assistant Professor & Head
Ph.D. (King Saud University, Riyadh), M.Tech, B.E. (V.T.U, Bangalore)
About the Department
The Department of Computer Engineering (CSED) was established in the year 2019. The department is currently running a AICTE approved Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) programme, affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), with an intake of 60 students. The Department has also commenced an AICTE approved Diploma programme, affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE), from the session 2021-22, with an intake of 60 students.
The Department is also equipped with Hi-Tech Computer Labs that have a wide range of professional software packages. It also has Labs established in collaboration with Siemens Centre of Excellence (CoE) (all courses and modules will be certified by Siemens). All Laboratories and Staff Rooms of the Department are fully networked and have access to high speed Network facility.
The Department has highly qualified, motivated and dedicated teaching faculty who are qualified from reputed institutes. They are actively involved in Research and Development activities in the emerging areas of Computer Engineering. Apart from the curriculum, the department has actively organized lectures for its students on various technical as well as non-technical topics, which are delivered by academicians from leading universities and professionals from the industry.
To build a strong research and learning environment producing globally competent professionals and innovators who will contribute to the betterment of the society.
· To create and sustain an academic environment conducive to the highest level of research and teaching.
· To provide state-of-the-art laboratories which will be up to date with the new developments in the area of computer engineering.
· To organise competitive event, industry interactions and global collaborations in view of providing a nurturing environment for students to prepare for a successful career and the ability to tackle lifelong challenges in global industrial needs.
· To educate students to be socially and ethically responsible citizens in view of national and global development.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
Following are the PEO outcomes:
· PEO1 – Graduates will demonstrate technical competency and leadership that will enable them to become professional and ethical Computer engineers leading to successful careers.
· PEO2 – Graduates will demonstrate commitment towards community by applying technical skills and knowledge to support various social and economical activities
· PEO3 – Graduates will pursue lifelong learning that will enable them to generate innovative engineering solutions using research and complex problem-solving skills.
Computer Engineering Program Objectives (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues, and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.