Department of Civil engineering is one of the prime department in the campus with nearly 14 faculty members and 300 polytechnic and under graduate students. The department was established in 2012 and since its inception the department has grown from offering only under graduate courses to offer post graduate and research work in key areas of civil engineering. The department faculty work with excellent team spirit in different technical team like concrete technology, transportation engineering, surveying, structure analysis and design. This leads to key research publications and consultancy in these areas.
The department strives to provide an encouraging environment for the students to develop analytical and practical skills and apply it to real world problems. To motivate the students department organises regular training in state of art software, arrange expert lectures, Visits and National and international level conferences. The department work with objective of addressing critical challenges faced by the industry, society and academia. Perhaps even more important is our endless commitment to our students, helping them to gain knowledge, skills, grow, develop and achieve their goals in pursuit to outshine in their professional career. We welcome you to the civil engineering department as polytechnic or undergraduate or research students and we wish you to be part of your success.
Head of Department (HOD)
Assistant Professor, (Department Coordinator)
ME (Environment), BE (Civil)
Vision: To become centre of excellence in civil engineering that provide research oriented technical education considering moral and social need to meet current and future challenges of community
Mission : Striving, Innovative and Hands-on engineers to accomplish social and nation development.
Department of Civil Engineering Program Outcomes (PO’S):
PO 1. Engineering Knowledge
Integrate mathematics, sciences, and civil and construction engineering knowledge from all sub disciplines to the solution of complex civil and construction engineering problems.
PO 2. Problem Analysis
Identify, source information, formulate solutions, analyse options and solve complex civil and construction engineering problems.
PO 3. Design of Solutions
Integrate design solutions with client requirements to produce feasible and practical solutions to complex civil and construction engineering problems with appropriate considerations.
PO 4. Investigation
Investigate complex civil and construction engineering problems to obtain conclusions by design of experiments, analysis of data, and synthesis of information using research-based knowledge and methods.
PO 5. Modern Tool Usage
Apply relevant civil technologies and tools, including prediction and modelling, to complete complex civil and construction engineering problems successfully.
PO 6. The Engineer and Society
Practice and apply reasoning informed by consideration in societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues to solutions for complex civil and construction engineering problems.
PO 7. Environment and Sustainability
Understand the impact of civil and construction engineering towards the environment and produce sustainable solutions to complex civil and construction engineering problems.
PO 8. Ethics
Demonstrate ethical practice in the context of civil and construction engineering problems.
PO 9. Individual and Team Work
Apply knowledge of civil and construction engineering principles as a member and leader in a team, in managing all projects.
PO 10. Communication
Communicate complex civil and construction engineering activities effectively with plans, reports, documentation and presentations to all stakeholders.
PO 11. Project Management and Finance
Apply knowledge of project and cost management as a member and leader in a team, in managing all projects.
PO 12. Life Long Learning
Continually extend and build on professional understanding and skills acquired during the undergraduate learning.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s):
1. A solid foundation in mathematics, science, computer as well as fundamental knowledge of relevant engineering principles in civil engineering disciplines.
2. The capability for critical thinking, engineering reasoning, problem solving, experimentation, and teamwork.
3. Practical skills and experience to design, construct, manage and operate the essential elements of civil engineering systems.
4. The integrated understanding of sustainability.
5. In-depth and advanced professional knowledge in various aspects of civil engineering works including the related ordinances, codes of practices, regulations and standards, and keeping track of the latest trend in the civil engineering profession.
6. A sense of professional ethics, social commitment and responsibility to the public.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s):
At the end of the program, the student:
1. Should be able to clearly understand the concepts of civil engineering and apply them to the real problems in design & construction industry.
2. Should have the capability to comprehend the technological advancement in the field of civil engineering for variety of applications.
3. Should possess professional, ethical and social values.
4. Create significant impact within their organization and society at national and international levels.